Photos and videos: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Singapore
If you think you’ve had your share of bad days, Alexander and his family had it worse. Directed by Miguel Arteta, Disney's Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is based on the 1972 children’s classic book by Judith Viorst.
The movie revolves around 11-year-old Alexander Cooper (played by Ed Oxenbould) as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his life, starting with getting gum stuck in his hair. But his family had little sympathy for him when he told them about his day, and Alexander wondered if bad things only happened to him.
Soon, he finds out that his mother (Jennifer Garner), father (Steve Carell), brother (Dylan Minnette) and sister (Kerris Dorsey) find themselves going through equally horrible things, like failing a driving test and going through a job interview which turns awry.
Wanting to make a film which the whole family can enjoy together, Miguel expressed, “The idea of a family supporting each other is really great – especially when it is not in each other of their personal interests to do so.”
Alexander’s epic birthday party at the end called for animals like a crocodile, four kangaroos, a wallaby and more. They were under the guidance of a trainer, who revealed, “The team spent nine weeks training the hero kangaroos to portray an escapee kangaroos that runs through the neighbourhood with dad (Steve) in hot pursuit.”
Disney's Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day opens in cinemas on Dec 4.
xinmsn is giving away 15 sets of movie premiums, each including a kids T-Shirt (worth $50), spill proof cup (worth $45), lenticular notebook (worth $25) and door hanger (worth $20), courtesy of Disney.
Simply answer the following question and 15 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: How old is Alexander in the movie?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject 'xinmsn Alexander’.
Contest ends Dec 2 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.