Photos: Universal Music Singapore
Well-known for her wacky costumes and powerful vocals, American singer-songwriter Katy Perry has released her latest single ‘This Is How We Do’ in July – the fifth official single from her latest album Prism.
Sharing in a video interview, the self-professed “Cat Lady” lit up when she spoke of the upbeat track with hip-hop influences – one she calls a “real show-off, flaunting and fun party song that puts you in the right mood”.
The colourful and vibrant music video which was released a week later was inspired by Tumblr, and how much time Katy spends on the microblogging platform.
Katy, who was recently crowned the All-Time Top Digital Artist, revealed how she took time to look inwards and self-reflect for Prism to create songs with hope, inspiration and joy. It was also an opportunity to show a different side of herself – definitely not a duplicate from her previous album Teenage Dream in 2010.
Other crowd favourites like ‘Roar’, which became an adopted anthem for fans, and ‘Dark Horse’, were meaningful to her too. The 30-year-old, who is currently dating singer John Mayer, said, “I did not know ‘Dark Horse’ was literally going to be such a dark horse. It is pleasantly surprising that people like me doing Trap Music.”
Currently on The Prismatic World Tour which kicked off in May, Katy is estimated to hold a whopping 130 shows in total until March next year. She promises to bring a feast to both the eyes and ears, sharing her hit songs and bringing them to live in 3D.
xinmsn is giving away 5 Katy Perry official merchandise necklace (each worth $25), courtesy of Universal Music Singapore.
Simply answer the following question and 5 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: Name Katy Perry’s latest single.
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn Katy Perry’.
Contest ends October 13 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.