Photos: United International Pictures
Directed, co-produced and co-written by Michael Mann, Blackhat follows the journey of a convict Nicholas Hathaway (played by Chris Hemsworth) who was specially taken out of prison to locate and crack down a high-level cybercrime network.
Chris, best known for works in superhero films Thor and The Avengers, takes on the role of a genius coder who was given a 15-year jail term for his hacking crime.
Along with characters played by Viola Davis, Taiwanese multi-hyphenate Lee Hom and Chinese screen siren Tang Wei, Nicholas Hathaway attempts to capture members of the cybercrime network whose attacks are based on an unknown motive.
Keeping a close watch on the network, the quartet sets off from Chicago to cities across the globe such as Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Jakarta, facing various dangerous situations to track down the identity of a mysterious mastermind.
Blackhat opens in cinemas on Jan 15.
Preview Screening details:
Date: 14 Jan 2015 (Wednesday)
Venue: The Cathay
Rating: NC16 (Scene of intimacy and some coarse language)
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Blackhat, courtesy of United International Pictures.
Simply answer the following question and 20 entries with the correct answer will be picked to win.
Question: Watch the movie trailer and name one of the 2 Asian superstars starring alongside Chris Hemsworth in Blackhat.
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn Blackhat’.
Contest ends Jan 12 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.