Photos: Shaw Organisation
Stet, a recently orphaned 11-year-old from a small Texas town, is sent to a musical boarding school by an anonymous donor after his single mom passes away.
Surprising everyone, the rebellious loner achieved the standards required to join the Boychoir – a choral band of brothers who travel the world and maintain the school’s famed status.
Completely out of his element in a world he has only begun to discover, Stet finds himself in a battle of wills with Carvelle, his demanding Choir Master, played by Academy Award® winner Dustin Hoffman.
Recognising that Stet has a unique talent, Carvelle pushes him to discover his creative heart and soul in music and Stet embarks on a journey of self discovery and finds out things about himself he never knew about.
Directed by François Girard, visionary director of Cirque Du Soleil and Academy Award® winning The Red Violin, Boychoir discovers that there is brilliance in everyone if only you dare to dream.
Preview screening details
Date: 10 March (Tuesday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
Boychoir opens in cinemas on March 12 and is rated PG13 for brief coarse language.
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of preview tickets to Boychoir, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Simply answer the following question and 20 entries with the correct answer will stand to win.
Question: What is the name of the choral group that Stet joins?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn Boychoir’.
Contest ends Mar 6 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice. - Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.