Photos: Shaw Organisation
Based on the best-selling series of children’s stories by British author Michael Bond, Paddington is sure to bring your childhood memories alive. Despite receiving several television adaptations, it took more than 50 years for the Paddington Bear to be made into a film.
Directed by Paul King and produced by David Heyman, the producer of the Harry Potter series, Paddington revolves around the comic misadventures of a young Peruvian bear who travels to London to search for a home. But after getting lost at Paddington Station, he starts to fear that city life is not like what he had imagined.
Fortunately, he meets the Brown family who read the hand-written label around his neck: “Please look after this bear. Thank you.” and decided to take him in.
Never did he expect that his life, which seems to have taken a turn for the better, to change when he caught the eye of an evil museum taxidermist (someone who preserves the skins of animals and mounts them in lifelike form) who has an old score to settle.
Taking on the voice of Paddington bear is young British stage and screen actor Ben Whishaw. After just one reading with Ben, Paul revealed, “I found myself hearing his voice whenever I thought of the bear. There’s a sort of woolly, furry quality which Ben brings to it.” And let's not forget the team of 500 animators, compositors and crew who helped bring the bear to life.
Paddington opens in cinemas on Dec 11.
Preview Screening details:
Date: 7 Dec 2014 (Sunday)
Time: 11AM (tentatively)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Paddington, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Simply answer the following question and 20 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: Which actor took on the voice of Paddington?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn Paddington’.
Contest ends Dec 1 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.