Photos: Shaw Organisation
Based on Cecelia Ahern’s bestselling novel Where Rainbows End, Love, Rosie is a romantic-comedy that is sure to tug at your heartstrings and prove the everlasting ties between best friends.
The movie by German director Christian Ditter revolves around Rosie (played by Lily Collins) and Alex (Sam Claflin) who have been best friends since they were five years old. But they are their worst enemies when it comes to matters of the heart and having to make the right choices in life.
After an awkward turn when they were 18-year-olds and a missed opportunity to be together, life tossed them in two different directions. But it is amazing how their bond crosses time, space and continents, eventually tying them together even when faced with unwanted pregnancies, disastrous love affairs, marriage, infidelity and even divorce.
Will Rosie and Alex find their way back to each other, or will it be too late?
Playing an 18-year-old Rosie, Lily, 25, had a part in designing the character’s room and imagining how it would look like when she was 18.
“I told the set designer the things I thought Rosie would have, things that I had and there were lots of surprises. The second that I walked in, I thought ‘This is exactly how I would picture Rosie’s room’. It was a great combination of her and some bits of me,” she revealed in an interview.
Love, Rosie opens in cinemas on Oct 30.
Preview Screening details
Date: 27 Oct 2014 (Monday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
Rating: NC16 (Sexual scene and some coarse language)
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Love, Rosie, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Simply answer the following question and 20 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: What is the title of the novel Love, Rosie is based on?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject 'xinmsn Love, Rosie’.
Contest ends Oct 24 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.