Once upon a time, screenwriter Keith Michaels (Hugh Grant) had everything – a hit movie with a Golden Globe Award as the cherry on top, a wonderful family and a seemingly inexhaustible supply of sexy British wit and charm.
Fast forward fifteen years and he’s now approaching 50, divorced, is going broke and hasn’t had a hit film in years.
His agent has a proposition that brings him away from the glitz and glam of Hollywood into the heart of New York – an upstate university is looking for a writer-in-residence to teach a screenwriting course and it becomes an offer he can’t refuse – he has bills to pay.
Wanting to get through his job with the least amount of effort possible, he initially gives minimal attention to his duties and instead focuses on writing a new script.
His attitude finally begins to change when he meets Holly (Marisa Tomei), a single mother working two jobs to earn her bachelor’s degree. They find themselves connecting by their mutual need for a second chance despite all that stands between them.
One of Keith’s students has an eureka moment which Keith knows could give him the comeback he needs – but which will he choose, his newfound passion for teaching or a triumphant return to Hollywood?
The Rewrite preview screening details
Date: 13 October (Monday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
The Rewrite opens in cinemas October 16, rating to be advised.
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of preview screening tickets to The Rewrite, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Simply answer the following question and 5 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: What is the name of the award that Keith received for his hit film?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn The Rewrite’.
Contest ends October 9 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.