Photos: Shaw Organisation
They say opposite attract. Through the eyes of director Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight, Thirteen) and starring Drew Barrymore (Charlie’s Angels, Never Been Kissed) alongside Toni Collette (Little Miss Sunshine, About A Boy) is this gem which follows a pair of friends, who are as different as night and day, through the ups and downs of life.
Milly (Toni Collette) has everything – a great career, a loving husband and two perfect children. Her best friend Jess (Drew Barrymore), however, works in a community garden, lives in a boathouse with her boyfriend and is desperate for a baby that she can’t seem to conceive.
Growing up together, they’ve shared everything – secrets, clothes and even boyfriends. While vastly different in personalities, their differences have become the glue that binds the pair together. That is, until everything is turned upside down and Milly finds out that she has breast cancer and needs Jess by her side more than ever.
With everything going on in Jess’s life, their friendship is put through the test when she can’t find a balance to be there for her best friend while coping with everything else and that fragile bond that they’ve held on to for years threatens to break.
A powerful story for every modern woman, Miss You Already celebrates the bond of true friendship which will never break no matter what life throws at it.
Miss You Already opens in cinemas on November 5 and is rated NC16 for some sexual scenes.
Toggle is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Miss You Already, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Preview screening details
Date: Nov 3 (Tuesday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
Simply answer the following question and 20 correct answers will be chosen to win.
Question: What piece of bad news does Milly receive that turns her life upside down?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Toggle Miss You Already’.
Contest ends October 28 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.