Photos: Golden Village
Valentine’s Day is around the corner and if you’ve yet to start feeling the love in the air, watching a good ol’ romcom might do the trick. I FINE… THANK YOU… LOVE YOU is Thailand’s number one romantic comedy.
Described as a grammatically incorrect love story that illustrates the beauty of imperfection over perfection, the film revolves around the charming and beautiful English tutor Pleng.
Her life takes an unexpected turn when she is asked to help one of her students dup her Thai boyfriend, Gym. Pleng agrees to help translate the breakup message as Gym only understands Thai but gets blamed for their split.
Gym persuades Pleng to teach him English in order for him to go to the US to reconcile with his ex-girlfriend but it’s no easy task – he’s a slow learner whose English is very basic yet puts his all into learning the language, all in the name of love.
While struggling to teach Gym, Pleng falls in love with another of her students, Pruek who is a good-looker from a wealthy background. Pruek, who is also a hopeless romantic, manages to sweep Pleng off her feet and the pair soon becomes a couple.
Is it possible for all hearts involved to emerge unscathed in this complicated web of relationships?
I FINE… THANK YOU… LOVE YOU opens in cinemas on January 22, rating to be advised.
I FINE… THANK YOU… LOVE YOU preview screening details
Date: Jan 21 (Wed)
Venue: GV Plaza
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of preview tickets to I FINE… THANK YOU… LOVE YOU, courtesy of Golden Village.
Simply answer the following question and 20 correct answers will be picked to win.
Question: Which language does Pleng teach?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘xinmsn I FINE… THANK YOU… LOVE YOU’.
Contest ends Jan 18 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.