Photos: Shaw Organisation
Academy Award winner Russell Crowe's directorial debut, The Water Diviner, is an epic drama adventure film set four years after the devastating battle of Gallipoli during World War I.
Having recently completed Noah and will soon be seen in Fathers and Daughters, Russell is best known for his role as Maximus in Gladiator in 2001 and this new film marks his first movie as an actor-director. Prolific Australian screenwriters Andrew Knight and Andrew Anastasios co-wrote the film starring French model-actress Olga Kurylenko, who plays the female lead role opposite Russell’s character.
The Water Diviner is an epic, heart-wrenching, romantic and inspiring adventure of discovery, which shows what lies beyond good and evil is love. Australian farmer Joshua Connor (Russell Crowe) travels to Turkey in 1919 to discover the fate of his three sons who were reported missing in action.
Initially blocked by military bureaucracy, his determination unwavering, he is helped first by the beautiful Ayshe (Olga Kurylenko) who owns the hotel he takes in Istanbul, and then by a Turkish Officer who had fought against Connor’s sons. He uses the instincts that make him a water diviner to sense their presence – but it seems that one of his boys is not resting in this ruined landscape. Could his eldest son still be alive?
Holding on to hope, Connor and Major Hasan must race against time and the dangers closing in from all sides to travel across the war-torn landscape and find the truth.
The Water Diviner opens in cinemas on 7 May, rated NC16 for violence.
Preview Screening details
Date: 4 May 2015 (Monday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
Toggle is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of The Water Diviner, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Simply answer the following question and 20 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: What year was The Water Diviner set in?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject 'Toggle THE WATER DIVINER’.
Contest ends Apr 29 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.