Photos: Adventures of the Mad Chinaman, Joel Low Photography
Multi-hyphenate Dick Lee is back: this time with a bigger and bolder performance: Dick Lee The Adventures of the Mad Chinaman Upsized. The one-night only show is based on Dick’s personal experiences and promises candid laughs and a generous dose of local flavour.
This time, the gig will feature a live band with its extended storyline chronicling his life across Asia, including his times in Hong Kong and Japan. His journey starts from his childhood in the ‘60s to the debut of his eminent alter ego The Mad Chinaman in 1989.
Sharing on his reasons for bringing the show back after its last successful run in 2011, Dick mused, “It is as much Singapore’s story as it is mine. My life and our country’s history are very much intertwined and I suppose this is my special ode to Singapore in her Jubilee.”
Renowned director Jonathan Lim, decorated music director Indra Ismail and producer Annie Pek will come together with the rest of the crew to work on what promises to be an unforgettable night of great music, barrels of laughs and all around fun.
Dick Lee The Adventures of the Mad Chinaman Upsized
Date: Sep 3 (Thurs)
Venue: Esplanade Concert Hall
Toggle is giving away pairs of Category 3 tickets to Dick Lee The Adventures of the Mad Chinaman Upsized, courtesy of Adventures of the Mad Chinaman.
Simply answer the following question and correct answers will be picked to win.
Question: When was the last time The Adventures of the Mad Chinaman had its run in Singapore?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Toggle The Adventures of the Mad Chinaman Upsized’.
Contest ends Aug 27 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.