Seven years after they first delighted audiences with skits about the Little Red Dot’s pre-Independence days, the Dim Sum Dollies are back to tickle more funny bones with Part 2 of The History of Singapore.
This time, issues that took place after 1965 will take centre stage: expect sassy and satirical takes on campaigns like the “Two is Enough” policy, feared abbreviations (COE, GST, ERP etc.), the Mas Selamat saga, infamous park protests, the Singapore River’s massive clean-up, the rise of Changi Airport, and so much more.
Other treats to look forward to include the Dollies’ signature lightning quick costume changes, their six sizzling back-up dancers (known affectionately as the Loh Mai Guys) and of course, scene-stealing supporting act Hossan Leong, who will be fulfilling a personal dream of becoming a Singapore Airlines stewardess in one of the sketches.
Joining original Dollies Selena Tan and Pam Oei for her first ever full-length show is Denise Tan, who is filling in the space left by the late Emma Yong. Denise received rave reviews for her Dolly debut in last year’s Crazy Christmas! Ting Tong Belles.
Catch the Dim Sum Dollies in The History of Singapore Part 2: The Growing Up Years from 11 to 23 December at Esplanade Theatre at 8pm on Tuesdays to Fridays, and at 3pm and 8pm on weekends.
Tickets are priced from $48 to $118 for the preview on 11 December, and from $58 to $138 for standard shows.
xinmsn is giving away 5 pairs of Category 1 tickets (each ticket worth $138) to catch the Dim Sum Dollies’ The History of Singapore Part 2, courtesy of Dream Academy Productions.
Date: December 14 (Sunday)
Venue: Esplanade Theatre
Simply answer the following question and 5 correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: Name 3 historical Singapore issues that will be featured in The Dim Sum Dollies’ The History of Singapore Part 2.
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject 'xinmsn Dim Sum Dollies The History of Singapore’.
Contest ends November 30 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.