Photos: Hype Records
Here’s a boyband we’re not ashamed to be still harbouring a crush on. More than a decade after they launched their debut album, Il Divo remain the image of musical perfection — sonorous vocals, impeccable grooming, sleek Armani suits and all.
A pioneering act of the “popera” genre, this classical crossover quartet is credited with bringing operatic singing techniques into vogue with their covers of pop songs, such as their breakout hit, ‘Regresa a Mi,’ their Spanish version of Toni Braxton’s ‘Unbreak My Heart.’
The manband — comprising Urs Buhler, Sebastien Izambard, Carlos Marin and David Miller — will bring music from their seventh and latest studio album, Amor & Pasion, to Singapore on April 4 at the Star Theatre, where they last sang in March 2014.
Prepare to be transported through Il Divo’s rendition of tangos, boleros and mambas featuring musical influences from Spain, Cuba, Argentina and Mexico.
Il Divo have earned 160 platinum and gold awards in 33 countries over their 12-year career, and attained album sales of 30 million. The 2011 Classic Brit Awards Artist of the Decade have collaborated with divas Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion, and performed for Barack Obama and Queen Elizabeth II.
This concert is presented by Hype Records.
Il Divo: Amor & Pasion World Tour Singapore 2016
Date: April 4, 2016 (Monday)
Time: 8 p.m.
Venue: The Star Theatre @ The Star Performing Arts Centre
Ticket prices: $98, $138, $168, $198, $238, $278 *Excludes booking fee
Tickets are available from Sistic through its website (http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/divo0416) and booking hotline (6348 5555)
Toggle is giving away 3 pairs of tickets (worth $168 per ticket) to the concert, courtesy of Hype Records.
Simply answer the following questions, and entries with the correct answers will be picked at random to win.
Question 1: Name all four members of Il Divo.
Question 2: What’s the title of Il Divo’s seventh and latest studio album?
Question 3: How many platinum and gold awards have Il Divo earned so far?
Email your answers, together with your full name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Toggle IL DIVO AMOR & PASION.’
The contest ends March 27 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.