Photo: MediaCorp VizPro International
Grammy Award–winning singer–songwriter Richard Marx will be performing again in Singapore this November after a three-year absence, and is set to set to sing his best-known tunes live for local fans.
Since the height of his popularity in the 80s, Richard Marx has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide over the span of his 30-year career, and is the only male singer to have his first seven singles reach the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.
The musical genius is responsible for classic hit songs including ‘Right Here Waiting,’ ‘Now and Forever,’ ‘Don’t Mean Nothing’ and ‘Endless Summer Nights.’ He also co-wrote ‘Dance With My Father’ with the late R&B singer Luther Vandross, and sang the duet ‘At The Beginning’ with Donna Lewis for the soundtrack of the 1997 animated film Anastasia. Richard Marx has the 14th No. 1 single of his career with the 2011 country hit ‘Long Hot Summer,’ co-written with and performed by Keith Urban.
Richard Marx released his eighth studio album last July. Titled Beautiful Goodbye, the album features a departure from his signature pop-rock ballad style.
According to the singer, he was out to make a deliberately sexy album this time. “The songs on this record were influenced greatly by everyone, from Sade to Bebel Gilberto, to various EDM artists to even Chopin,” he said.
“I’m known for romantic music in the past, but this music I wrote is all more sensual and ethereal, and the lyrics are more adventurous than I’ve been willing to go in the past.”
Fans of Richard Marx won’t want to miss this chance to catch the ballad maestro live in concert. Who knows when he’ll come back for another show? You might just be stuck right here waiting.
This concert is presented by MediaCorp VizPro International.
Richard Marx LIVE in Singapore
Date: November 9, 2015 (Monday)
Venue: The Star Theatre, The Star Performing Arts Centre
Time: 8 pm
Ticket prices: $88, $128, $148, $168 *Excludes booking fee
Tickets available from SISTIC or its booking hotline (6348 5555)
Toggle is giving away five pairs of tickets (each ticket worth $128), courtesy of MediaCorp VizPro International.
Simply answer the following questions, and entries with the correct answers will be picked at random to win.
Question 1: Who co-wrote Richard Marx’s 14th No. 1 single?
Question 2: What is the name of Richard Marx’s eighth studio album?
Question 3: How many albums has Richard Marx sold?
Email your answers, together with your full name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Toggle Richard Marx 2015.’
The contest ends November 1 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.