Photos: Channel 5
After crowning local songstress Farisha Ishak as champion in 2013, Channel 5’s hit singing competition The Final 1 returns this year to discover Singapore’s top musical talent.
For the show’s second season, the rules have changed: Viewers don’t get to vote until the grand finals, which means the judges pick the final two contestants, and the audience chooses the eventual winner.
Azhar Aziz's elimination means Odelle Sabrin, Jermaine Leong, Charlene Su and Isaac Ong are still in the running for the top prize of a recording and artiste management contract worth $100,000. And starting with the semi-finals on September 27, The Final 1 will move into the live shows at Capitol Theatre before culminating in the grand finals on October 4.
Viewers and fans will get the chance to watch the top four battle it out in front of a live audience at the newly refurbished venue. And after 13 episodes of seeing the contestants go through training to thrive in the entertainment industry, the public will finally get to decide which musical talent will be the final one.
The Final 1 LIVE grand finals
Date: October 4, 2015 (Sunday)
Venue: Capitol Theatre
Time: 8–9 pm (grand finals) and 9.30–10.30 pm (results)
Tickets are not available for sale.
Toggle is giving away 50 pairs of tickets to The Final 1 grand finals, courtesy of Channel 5.
Simply answer the following question and correct entries will be picked to win.
Question: Who won the first season of The Final 1?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle THE FINAL 1 2015.’
Winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
The Final 1 Top 4: Every elimination was tough for us
Ken Lim: The Final 1 Season 2 has Singapore's best Top 10 ever
Taufik Batisah on the challenges of modern parenting
Life after number one: Alfred Sim, Farisha and Shabir
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.