EXO’s Luhan reported to nullify contract with S.M. Entertainment

The boy band member is said to have filed a lawsuit to nullify his contract with his label

EXO’s Luhan reported to nullify contract with S.M. Entertainment


After the departure of EXO-M’s Wu Yi Fan (Kris) earlier this year, another member of the group, Luhan, has reportedly filed for the nullification of his contract with S.M. Entertainment this morning (Oct 10) at the Seoul Central District Court.

The 24-year-old is said to be using the same legal representatives from law firm Hankyul that assisted Wu Yi Fan to leave the company in May. The firm also represented ex-Super Junior member Hangeng in his lawsuit against the label in 2009.

Luhan missed SMTOWN in Tokyo that took place last weekend (Oct 4 &5), citing health issues as the reason for his absence. He also did not attend EXO’s solo concert in Bangkok after experiencing headaches and insomnia.

Fellow member Lay posted on his personal microblog, "Goodbye buddies, (let's) share a stage again if we have the chance! As brothers, (I) will support your every decision. All the best."

In court documents acquired by Korean news agency Dispatch, S.M. Entertainment’s CEO Kim Young Min is stated as the defendant, with Luhan alleging that his contract with the company has been invalid from the beginning.

S.M. representatives have declared that they are confirming the situation.  Within an hour after reports were published, S.M.'s share prices tumbled by more than 12%.

Report a problem