Drake "waited a long time" to headline Wireless festival.
The 28-year-old singer headlined the New Look Wireless festival in London's Finsbury Park last night (28.06.15) and appeared in awe of the size of the occasion as he crammed in as many tracks as he could during the show.
He told the crowd: "I've been waiting a long time for this, so let me just take a moment."
Last year, the 'Take Care' hitmaker had to drop out of the event due to illness, leaving Kanye West to headline two nights of the festival, and admitted cancelling "broke his heart".
He told the audience: "Last year, I had some complications - you know, I couldn't make it over here. That s*** broke my heart. So that's why I want to do this year."
For the first half of his set, the star stripped back his performance and was alone on a naked stage, however, halfway through the set, the the back of the stage opened to reveal quite the contrast with a jungle scene with fires burning.
The singer also teased the Wireless audience with news he might bring his own festival over to England.
He said: "I have this feeling - I have this urge - that I need to bring this thing I've got called OVO fest to London.
"If this is the loudest crowd, I promise you: we've got an OVO fest London on the way."
OVO fest - which the Drake founded in 2010 - has previously featured big names like Nicki Minaj, Kanye West and Jay-Z.
New Look Wireless Festival continues at the same site next weekend, with Drake returning to top the bill on Friday (03.07.15), before headline sets from Avicii on Saturday (04.07.15) and David Guetta on Sunday (05.07.15).