Man ate hearing aids

A man swallowing his hearing aids because he thought they were cashew nuts is just one tale recounted by British optometrists in a bid to encourage people to have their eyes tested.

Man ate hearing aids
Man ate hearing aids

A man swallowed his hearing aids because he thought they were cashew nuts.

The odd incident is just one of many strange situations Britain's College of Optometrists have revealed in a bid to encourage people to get their eyes tested.

Other weird cases include a jumbo jet pilot going the wrong way down a runway and man chatting to a stranger in a bar who he believed was his girlfriend.

Clinical adviser to the College of Optometrists, Dr Susan Blakeney said: "Although these anecdotes may be extreme examples, there is a serious message behind this. It is important to be aware of the health of your eyes and to seek professional advice early if you notice any changes to avoid these sorts of accidents."

Report a problem