1. The contest (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") is produced by Mediacorp Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "MPL"). These Terms and Conditions shall be read together with any other rules and/or terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“Rules”), and shall apply to all stages of the Contest. In the event of any conflict between the Rules and these Terms and Conditions, the Rules shall prevail.
2. All participants of the Contest must follow the procedures provided to them, including the Rules, all instructions set out herein this website, over the air or by any publicity materials provided by MPL at any time and from time to time, including all instructions shown on screen during the programmes (hereinafter referred to as the "Programs") or otherwise.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the Rules or elsewhere, the Contest is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Singapore. All participants below 18 years of age as at the date of participation are required to obtain their parent's / guardian's consent before they participate in the Contest and shall provide the particulars of their parent(s) / guardian(s) to MPL during the submission of the participants' particulars when taking part in the Contest and as and when required and/or requested by MPL. The participant(s) warrant to MPL that they have the legal capacity to participate in the Contest in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Each participant hereby expressly and irrevocably consents to, and grants to MPL, its principals, agents, representatives, successors and/or assigns, the right to use the participant's particulars in any manner as MPL shall see fit. In particular, MPL shall have the right to contact and/or mail the participant (whether electronically or otherwise) at any time with information and/or mailers containing customer service, business, marketing, advertising and/or promotional information of any kind, whether or not related to MPL's programmes, contests, promotions and/or activities, and MPL shall additionally have the right to disclose, transfer, assign, license, sell or grant to any third parties (including its affiliates), all or any portion of the participant's particulars for any purpose.
5. Each participant irrevocably releases MPL from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, or damages which such person may have in connection with his or her particulars or information, being (i) used by MPL (or any third party which MPL has released the particulars/information to) in any manner or format; (ii) disclosed or otherwise provided by MPL to any third party as provided herein.
6. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) employee(s) of any company in the Mediacorp group of companies (“Mediacorp Group”) and close relations of such employee(s), and (b) where applicable, the employee(s) of companies that provide direct sponsorship of productions of MPL. Unless otherwise stated in the Rules or elsewhere:
(i) each participant shall be entitled to unlimited entries;
(ii) winning participants may win different kinds of prizes, but each winning participant shall only be entitled to one of each prize; and
(iii) any previous winners will not be entitled to enter or participate in the Contest again.
7. Each participant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested in the Contest, by MPL or otherwise. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by MPL) shall result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclamation of any cash and/or prize won. The participants irrevocably grant MPL the right to use such particulars in any manner as MPL may deem fit.
8. The participant shall not, without the prior written approval of MPL, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest. The participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to MPL and/or any company in the MediaCorp Group to any other party.
9. MPL reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes offered. All prizes won by the participant shall not be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
10. MPL reserves the right to, at any time, make any change, modification and/or variation to the Contest and/or and of the Rules or these terms and conditions. Any and all such changes, modifications and/or variations will be notified to participants as MPL may from time to time determine, and the participant’s continued participation in the Contest shall be construed as his or her acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
11. MPL, as producer, does not undertake any responsibility to ensure that prizes will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. No agreement shall arise or be constituted, and no obligation will be incurred by MPL or by its related/affiliated companies, officers and/or agents by reason of the participant(s)' participation in the Contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participant(s) as a result of or on account of the Contest. MPL shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by MPL or any sponsor, the prize or make good on any promise or offer to the participant(s).
12. The Contest as broadcast, publicized, promoted or marketed on the Programs or otherwise shall be deemed and construed as an invitation to treat and the participant's offer to participate in the Contest shall not be deemed accepted unless and until confirmed by MPL by return reply to the participant through the Contest participation media of MPL's acceptance of the participant's participation. MPL further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend, end, stop or in any other way cease the Contest at any time without prior notice.
13. Each participant shall bear each of their own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from their participation in the Contest, including (without limitation), telecommunications, network, SMS and all such other charges and out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred by each participant during or in connection with the Contest and no reimbursement may be sought from MPL.
14. By participating in the Contest, the participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by MPL arising or with respect to the Contest and the participant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to MPL all consents and waivers necessary for MPL to record and use the participant(s)' performance, appearance, likeness and/or particulars as the case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as MPL shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The participant acknowledges that MPL shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by MPL, including without limitation the information on the Contest submission, telephone call, telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of the Contest. The participant hereby expressly waives any and all rights which the participant may acquire or have under the provisions of the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore (and any subsequent enactment or amendments thereto) and any other moral rights which the participant(s) may have or be entitled under any such legislation now existing or in the future enacted in any part of the world.
15. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by MPL for the following purposes:
· For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
· To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any users for breach of these Terms and Conditions.
· To enable MPL, companies in the Mediacorp Group and/or any third party to provide and/or supply the Contest prize(s) to you, and in connection with all ancillary matters thereto.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you:
(a) consent to MPL and/or any companies in the Mediacorp Group collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described above; and
(b) consent to MPL and/or any companies in the Mediacorp Group transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s and/or any Mediacorp Group companies third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described above.
If you have any questions relating to MPL’s and/or the Mediacorp Group companies’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please email to DPO@mediacorp.com.sg, or such other person as MPL may designate, from time to time, whether by informing you through any letter, circular, notice, email or on Mediacorp’s website at www.mediacorp.sg.
16. The selection and number of judges, if any, and the manner in which the Contest is judged, at each stage of the Contest shall be at MPL's sole and absolute discretion and the judges' and/or MPL's decision at all stages of the Contest is final. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by MPL and/or the judges concerning, without limitation, the rules of the participation, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest, the puzzles set on the Contest, interviews with the participants (if any), the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest including the production thereof.
17. As and when required by MPL or otherwise, the participant shall produce his passport or identification card for verification purposes.
18. In the event that the Contest requires, entails and/or calls for the participant to submit any entries (whether in a tangible and/or intangible form) and/or to contribute and/or record any performance by the participant (the "Entry"), the participant hereby agrees that the ownership of the Entry and any and all intellectual property rights (if applicable) in and to the Entry shall vest and belong to MPL solely and absolutely. In the event that the Entry is of an intangible nature, the participant shall ensure and procure that all necessary and applicable rights, clearances, licenses, waivers and/or assignments relating to, arising from and/or pursuant to the Entry are obtained for the purposes herein. The participant hereby waives any moral rights and the right to object to any derogatory treatment of the participant's Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, unless expressly permitted by MPL at its sole and absolute discretion, MPL shall not be obliged to, and the participant shall not be entitled to a, return of the Entry.
19. Noncompliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions shall immediately disqualify the participant from further participation at any stage of the Contest, and any cash and prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
20. MPL reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions and the Contest without prior notice to any participant. MPL further reserves the right, without any liability to any participant(s), to disqualify any participant(s) from the Contest at any time at its discretion.
21. MPL shall be under no liability whatsoever to the participant(s) or the participant(s)' personal representatives, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the participant(s) arising from or pursuant to the Contest or for any loss, damage or injury to life or property sustained by the participant(s) at any stage of the Contest and during production thereof, unless such loss, damage or injury is caused by MPL's gross and willful negligence.
22. The participant shall indemnify and keep MPL and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees ("the Indemnified Parties") fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the participant's breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
23. By his/her participation, the participant accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Rules of the Contest.
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
25. No third party shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act of the Republic of Singapore.