On the Basis of Sex is a biographical legal drama that’s based on the life of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg when she was still a young, struggling attorney and new mother, and how she faced numerous obstacles in her fight for equal rights.
The film features a ground-breaking tax case that Ruth took on with her husband, attorney Martin Ginsburg, a case she knew could change the direction of her career as well as the way the courts viewed gender discrimination. It also chronicles the couple’s storybook-like romance, a partnership that succeeded both personally and professionally.
The screenplay was written by Daniel Stiepleman, the real Justice Ginsburg’s nephew, who says that he got the idea for the movie at the funeral of his Uncle Martin, who passed away in 2010. “One of his friends got up and gave the eulogy and within that eulogy was just a little bit of a story of the only case Ruth and Marty ever argued together, and I thought, ‘Wow, that is an incredible movie.’”
On the Basis of Sex stars Felicity Jones as Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Armie Hammer as Martin Ginsburg, as well as Justin Theroux, Jack Reynor and Kathy Bates.
On the Basis of Sex opens in cinemas on January 10, 2019 and is rated PG13 (Brief Coarse Language).
Toggle is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the premiere of On the Basis of Sex, courtesy of Encore Films.
On the Basis of Sex premiere details
Date: January 7, 2019 (Monday)
Venue: GV Plaza Singapura
Simply complete the following sentence and the first 20 entries with the correct answer will be picked to win. *Terms and conditions apply.
Question: On the Basis of Sex is inspired by the true story of _______.
Email your answer together with your full name as per your NRIC, residential address and email address to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle On the Basis of Sex’.
Contest ends January 3, 2019 and winners will be notified via email.
* Terms and Conditions
- By participating in this contest, you agree to our contest terms and conditions.
- This contest is open only to Singapore residents.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week’s winners are not qualified to win.
- Each family is entitled to win only one contest every seven days. Persons who share the same registered address will be considered as part of the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.