Photos: United International Pictures
In 2015’s global smash Daddy’s Home, we saw sensitive stepdad Brad (Will Ferrell) and badass biological dad Dusty (Mark Wahlberg) go head to head for the affections of two children and their mother Sara (Linda Cardellini). Since then, they’ve learned to put aside their differences and in the sequel Daddy’s Home 2, they have joined forces to give their kids the perfect Christmas.
However, their newfound partnership – and their lives – are thrown into chaos when their own fathers, Dusty’s old-school, alpha male dad Kurt (Mel Gibson) and Brad’s over-nurturing and emotional dad Don (John Lithgow) arrive for the holidays.
According to filmmakers, they “weren’t thinking about a sequel” when the first movie was made, but they “loved the idea of the dads’ dads showing up for Christmas and adding another complicated layer to the conflict between the two of them”. They also chose to “set the story at Christmas because it can be a really difficult time for blended families”.
Daddy’s Home 2 opens in cinemas on November 30 and rated PG – Some Sexual References.
Toggle is giving away 10 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Daddy’s Home 2, courtesy of United International Pictures.
Daddy’s Home 2 preview screening details
Date: November 28 (Tuesday)
Time: 7pm (to be confirmed)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
For your chance to win, simply answer the following question. The first 10 entries with the correct answers will be picked to win. *Terms and conditions apply.
Question: If you thought having a dad and stepdad was fun, wait till you meet the granddads. The bigger the family, the better the holiday!
To win preview tickets to the perfect family comedy this holiday season, watch the trailer and complete the sentence below:
____ families under one roof.
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Toggle Daddy’s Home 2’.
Contest ends November 24 and winners will be notified via email.
* Terms and Conditions
- This contest is open only to Singapore residents.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week’s winners are not qualified to win.
- Each family is entitled to win only one contest every seven days. Persons who share the same registered address will be considered as part of the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.
© 2017 Par. Pics.