This year, 1974’s revenge thriller Death Wish is reimagined by director Eli Roth. Surgeon Paul Kersey (Bruce Willis) loves his family, but feels that he failed to protect them when they needed him most when his wife and college-aged daughter are viciously attacked in their suburban home.
With the police overloaded with crimes to deal with on a daily basis, Paul hunts for the assailants responsible for his family’s attack in order to deliver justice as he sees fit.
As the anonymous slayings of criminals grabs the media’s attention, some start to wonder if the mystery avenger prowling the city is a guardian angel or a grim reaper.
Going by the principle that a man should protect what’s his by doing it himself, Paul does the work he feels the cops aren’t doing – but will he really be able to avenge his family, and if so, at what cost?
Death Wish opens in cinemas on March 1 and is rated NC16 for Violence and Some Coarse Language.
Toggle is giving away 10 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Death Wish, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Death Wish preview screening details
Date: February 26 (Monday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido Lobby (Shaw House, Level 5)
Simply answer the following question and the first 10 entries with the correct answer will be picked to win. *Terms and conditions apply.
Question: What made Paul Kersey decide to go after the criminals in his city?
Email your answer together with your full name as per your NRIC, year of birth, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle Death Wish’.
Contest ends February 18 and winners will be notified via email by February 22.
* Terms and Conditions
- This contest is open only to Singapore residents age 16 and above.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week’s winners are not qualified to win.
- Each family is entitled to win only one contest every seven days. Persons who share the same registered address will be considered as part of the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.