Embark on a magical journey as we go back in time to see how Charles Dickens, creates the characters Ebenezer Scrooge, Tiny Tim and more from A Christmas Carol.
Suffering from the failure of his last three books, he has to write and self-publish a new work that will revive his career – and if he fails again, it could mean that he would never be able to write again. The film spans the course of the six weeks he took to create the novel A Christmas Carol, and things don’t go according to plan as the characters in his books don’t quite listen to their author.
Directed by Bharat Nalluri (Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day), this flick shows how Dickens mixed real life inspirations with his vivid imagination to conjure these classic characters, forever changing the holiday season into the celebration we know today.
A Christmas Carol features English actor Dan Stevens in the iconic role of Charles, Christopher Plummer and Jonathan Pryce, to name a few.
The Man Who Invented Christmas opens in cinemas on November 30 and is rated PG.
Toggle is giving away 15 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of The Man Who Invented Christmas, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
The Man Who Invented Christmas preview screening details
Date: November 27 (Monday)
Time: 7pm (to be confirmed)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
For your chance to win, simply answer the following question. The first 15 entries with the correct answers will be picked to win. *Terms and conditions apply.
Question: Name one of the characters that Charles Dickens creates for his novel, A Christmas Carol.
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle The Man Who Invented Christmas’.
Contest ends November 21 and winners will be notified via email.
* Terms and Conditions
- This contest is open only to Singapore residents, and prizes must be collected from Mediacorp personally. No requests for postage, courier or other methods of collection will be entertained.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week’s winners are not qualified to win.
- Each family is entitled to win only one contest every seven days. Persons who share the same registered address will be considered as part of the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.