Photos: Golden Village Pictures Pte Ltd
Award-winning director Kelvin Tong takes the helm of Singapore’s first Hollywood horror flick, The Faith of Anna Waters, after his five-year hiatus and a string of successful movies, including It’s a Great Great World (2011), Rule #1 (2008) and The Maid (2005).
Kelvin’s ninth feature film tells the story of an American journalist, Jamie, who travels to Singapore to investigate the mysterious suicide of her sister, Anna. While poking around dark corners in an isolated black-and-white bungalow situated near the woods, Jamie encounters inexplicable events and her niece, Katie, starts exhibiting strange behaviour.
With the help of her former brother-in-law, Sam, Jamie races against time to connect the dots between a series of gruesome suicides as she receives emails from the dead Anna and tries to protect Katie from demonic forces.
The movie stars Elizabeth Rice (of Mad Men fame), Matthew Settle, Adrian Pang, Jaymee Ong and Pamelyn Chee. It is co-produced by Andre Morgan’s Ruddy Morgan Organization, and slated for release in the US on May 6.
The Faith of Anna Waters opens in local theatres May 12. Rated NC16 (Horror).
The Faith of Anna Waters Gala Premiere screening details
Date: May 9, 2016 (Monday)
Venue: GV Vivo
Toggle is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the gala premiere of The Faith of Anna Waters, courtesy of Golden Village Pictures Pte Ltd.
Simply answer the following question, and entries with the correct answer will be picked at random to win.
Question: “The Faith of Anna Waters is Singapore’s first Hollywood horror movie.” True or false?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Toggle The Faith of Anna Waters’.
Contest ends May 5 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.