Photos: Shaw Organisation
Based on the successful children’s TV series Shaun the Sheep, the creators at Aardman Animation are back with another fast-paced and comedic animated film, SHAUN THE SHEEP THE MOVIE, to usher in the new year with fun and adventure.
Known for highly-acclaimed stop-motion films like Wallace and Gromit and Flushed Away, co-founders Peter Lord and David Sproxton challenged their team to bring the mischievous and witty sheep Shaun onto the silver screen this time.
With Shaun’s exceeding popularity amongst children around the world – from United Kingdom, where Aardman’s studio is based in, to Asia and the Middle East – since its launch in 2007, directors Richard Starzak and Mark Burton transformed the 30-minute children’s series into a 80-minute feature film with a plot that seeks to appeal to a wider audience.
The dialogue-free animation tells of Shaun, a sheep tired of his mundane life in the fields, who was caught in the act by Blitzer the sheepdog while devising a plan to escape the farm and his restrictive parents for a ‘vacation’. A mishap followed when Blitzer intended to inform the Farmer of Shaun’s attempt to escape, causing the Farmer to be jailed as his caravan slipped into the city accidentally.
Now, it is up to Shaun, the Flock and Blitzer to enter the city for the first time to rescue him.
These farm friends disguise as humans to hide from a relentless animal catcher determined to capture them, as well as escape from other ridiculous situations that hinder their jail-breaking mission. Shaun also meets with an orphan dog Slip who teams up with Shaun and the rest to rescue the Farmer.
However, would they be able to return to the farm safely without falling into the clutches of the persistent animal catcher?
SHAUN THE SHEEP THE MOVIE opens in cinemas on Feb 19, ratings to be advised.
Preview Screening details:
Date: 7 Feb 2015 (Saturday)
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of SHAUN THE SHEEP THE MOVIE, courtesy of Shaw Organisation.
Simply answer the following question and 20 entries with the correct answer will be picked to win.
Question: Who is Shaun and the rest planning to save in the city?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn SHAUNTHESHEEP’.
Contest ends Feb 2 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice. - Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.