Photos: Encore Films
Based on the popular French comic book of the same title, directors of Asterix: The Mansions Of The God (known hereafter as Asterix) are here to bring the action-packed and fun-filled story onto the silver screen.
Renowned French television producer and film director Alexandre Astier assumed multiple roles as a director and screenwriter, curating and fine-tuning parts of the original story for the film. Co-director Louis Clichy, best known for as the animator for Disney Pixar’s WALL.E and UP, also helped to bring the characters into action.
Their collaboration has made the film the best-selling movie at the French box office last year.
Asterix, set in ancient days, tells the tale of how Asterix and his friend Obelix fight against the Romans’ scheme to invade their village.
The duo is part of a civilization known as the Gauls who live on the outskirts of the formidable city of ancient Rome. In the movie, Rome’s ruler Julius Caesar desperately wishes to exterminate the Gauls as they are resistant to the Romans and refuses to have their land dominated by them.
In order to do so, Julius comes up with a cunning scheme of building a big town around the duo’s village known as ‘The Land of the Gods’.
While Asterix and Obelix attempts to stop Caesar’s plans, Roman civilians had started to stream in and bring about a new way of life for the Gauls. This places immense pressure on the Gauls as they are now faced with the dilemma of assimilating or leaving their homes.
Will the Gauls be able to stop the Romans from taking over their land, or would Caesar succeed in his colonisation plans?
Asterix: The Mansions Of The Gods opens in cinemas on Mar 12, ratings to be advised.
Preview Screening details:
Date: 11 Mar 2015 (Wednesday)
Venue: GV Plaza
xinmsn is giving away 20 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of Asterix: The Mansions Of The Gods, courtesy of Encore Films.
Simply answer the following question and 20 entries with the correct answer will be picked to win.
Question: In the movie, which group of people did Julius Caesar wish to exterminate?
Email your answer together with your name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'xinmsn Asterix’.
Contest ends Mar 10 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- xinmsn reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.