Photo: Dream Academy
Here’s what should be on your to-do list this December: shop for presents, roast a turkey, and catch Dream Academy’s CRAZY CHRISTMAS — A groundNUTCRACKER.
The local arts and entertainment company brings back its stable of wacky characters — Dim Sum Dollies, Broadway Beng, Kumar, Dr TCM TCM Judee Tan and more — to put a Hokkien spin on a Christmas tradition, The Nutcracker. The ballet segment even boasts its very own sugar plum(p) fairy.
To celebrate Dream Academy’s 15th birthday, the company will perform some of its best-loved acts, such as Pam Oei’s Christmas wannabe bat, together with new material, including the Democratic Reformed Workers segment, which will see the Dim Sum Dollies celebrate the Yuletide season with post-election fervour.
The show will even go full Broadway with a Tony Awards–worthy opening number, a mashup of some of Dream Academy’s iconic productions, including Sing Dollar!, Happy Ever Laughter, Kumar and Sondheim.
If CRAZY CHRISTMAS — A groundNUTCRACKER doesn’t get you into the holiday spirit, you might just be the Grinch.
CRAZY CHRISTMAS — A groundNUTCRACKER
Date: December 10–19, 2015
Venue: Esplanade Theatre
Time: 8 pm (Tuesday through Saturday), 3 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Ticket prices: $66, $86, $106, $116 *Excludes booking fee
Tickets available from SISTIC or its booking hotline (6348 5555).
Toggle is giving away five pairs of CAT 1 tickets to the December 15 (Tuesday) 8 pm show, courtesy of Dream Academy.
Simply answer the following questions, and entries with the correct answers will be picked at random to win.
Question 1: How old is Dream Academy this year?
Question 2: Which classic ballet is CRAZY CHRISTMAS — A groundNUTCRACKER based on?
Question 3: Name one of the Dream Academy characters appearing in CRAZY CHRISTMAS — A groundNUTCRACKER.
Email your answers, together with your full name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number, to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle CRAZY CHRISTMAS — A groundNUTCRACKER.’
The contest ends November 22 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.