Photos: Science Centre Singapore
Be wowed by life-sized displays of 14 prehistoric marine creatures and two fearsome present-day beasts at Monster of the Sea, the largest animatronics showcase of marine reptiles, mammals and fish in Asia Pacific.
Making its regional debut in Singapore, the 2,000-sqm exhibition features massive replicas of the Elasmosaurus, a marine reptile with about 71 cervical vertebrae in its exceptionally long neck; the Mosasaurus, which possessed a fearsome array of teeth that no prey could escape from; and the great white shark, a vulnerable species whose only predator is the killer whale.
Children and families can explore how sea creatures adapt to their environments and learn about popular mythical sea animals, including the Loch Ness Monster, sea serpents, the Chinese dragon and the Kraken.
Monsters of the Sea is organised by Science Centre Singapore in partnership with Mediacorp VizPro International, Dezign Format Singapore and Aurea Exhibitions.
Monsters of the Sea
Date: October 30, 2015, to February 28, 2016
Venue: Science Centre Singapore, Annexe Hall
Time: 10 am to 6pm (last admission at 5.15 pm)
Ticket prices: For Singaporeans and Singapore permanent residents, $20 (adult), $16 (child), $58 (family package for 2 adults and 2 children); For all other visitors, $25 (adult), $20 (child), $72 (family package for 2 adults and 2 children) *Tickets to Monsters of the Sea exclude admission to Science Centre Singapore
Toggle is giving away 5 pairs of tickets (each ticket worth $20) to Monsters of the Sea, courtesy of Mediacorp VizPro International.
Simply answer the following questions, and entries with the correct answers will be picked at random to win.
Question 1: How many displays of prehistoric marine creatures are on show at Monsters of the Sea?
Question 2: Name two of the mythical sea creatures you can learn about at the exhibition.
Email your answers, together with your full name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number, to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle Monsters of the Sea.’
The contest ends January 17 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.