Your favourite newscasters and field reporters are about to become part of a bona fide stage show. For three days only, starting March 31, Chua Enlai, Alaric Tay, Suhaimi Yusof and Judee Tan will reprise their roles from the long-running satirical news programme The Noose to bring you a roaring good time.
The four actors (and their intrepid journalist alter egos) will be teaming up their kakis (or buddies) — stand-up comedians Kumar from Singapore and Harith Iskander, Fakkah Fuzz, Rizal Van Geyzel and Kavin Jay from Malaysia — to present a distinct take on hot-button topics on both sides of the Causeway.
Expect a succession of irreverent commentary on local and regional politics and current affairs, including the running joke about the kind neighbouring country that generously supplies us with 11 months of fresh air every year.
Having performed their (in)famous sketch at the opening of Mediacorp’s campus at one-north last December, the motley crew will return to The Theatre @ Mediacorp on 1 Stars Avenue for their live show.
The Noose ended its eighth season last year. The series won Best Comedy Programme at the 2010 and 2011 Asian Television Awards and earned an International Emmy Awards nomination in 2011.
This production is presented by MediaCorp VizPro International and Channel 5.
The Noose & Kakis … 11 Months of Fresh Air
Date: March 31 – April 2, 2016 (Thursday–Saturday)
Time: 8 p.m. (Thursday–Saturday), 2 p.m. (Saturday only)
Venue: The Theatre @ Mediacorp, 1 Stars Avenue
Ticket prices: $65, $85, $115, $135 *Excludes booking fee
Tickets are available from Sistic through its website and booking hotline (6348 5555)
Toggle is giving away 5 pairs of CAT 2 tickets (worth $115 per ticket) to the March 31 (Thursday) 8 p.m. show, courtesy of Mediacorp VizPro International.
Simply answer the following questions, and entries with the correct answers will be picked at random to win.
Question 1: How many seasons does The Noose series comprise?
Question 2: Name two of the comedians who will take part in The Noose & Kakis … 11 Months of Fresh Air as kakis.
Question 3: When does The Noose & Kakis … 11 Months of Fresh Air premiere?
Email your answers, together with your full name, NRIC, residential address, email address and contact number, to email@example.com with the subject ‘Toggle The Noose & Kakis.’
The contest ends March 20 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
The Noose And Kakis LIVE! TOTL0151124008030030
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Toggle reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that Toggle has received your submission.
- Toggle reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prizes not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to Toggle.