Prince Charles calls for moment of silence following Paris attacks

Prince Charles called for a moment of silence for the victims of the terrorist attacks on Paris during the celebrations for his 67th birthday.

Prince Charles calls for moment of silence following Paris attacks

Britain's Prince Charles called for a moment of silence during his birthday celebrations following the terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday (13.11.15).

The Prince of Wales was celebrating bis 67th birthday in Australia on Saturday (14.11.15) when he took a moment to slam the "bestial" attacks on the people of France.

He said: "I hope all of you here will be able to join me in expressing our particular sympathy and solidarity with everybody in France.

"And also join with me in expressing as well out utter, total horror at what has happened.

"Our hearts go out, and I'm sure you will agree, to all those who have been affected in the most dreadful way, by these bestial attacks."

Prince Charles' mother, Queen Elizabeth II, also released a statement following the attacks.

She said: "Prince Philip and I have been deeply shocked and saddened by the terrible loss of life in Paris.

"We send our most sincere condolences to you, the families of those who have died and the French people."

A total of 129 people have so far been confirmed dead after gunmen opened fire at a number of locations including the Bataclan theatre and the Stade de France.

Report a problem