BIGBANG’s Seungri cancels all upcoming work schedules

This comes after the singer was questioned by police

seungri

Seungri, a member of the Korean boyband BIGBANG, has been in the news frequently over the last month, as a nightclub that he was allegedly involved with, Burning Sun, has been hit with allegations of assault and prostitution. Seungri previously held a directorial role in the club, but has since stepped down. The club has also ceased operations.

Earlier today (February 28), Seungri’s management agency, YG Entertainment announced that he will be halting promotions, and will not be attending any of his upcoming work schedules. He is currently in the middle of his solo concert tour, titled ‘The Great Seungri Tour’. He last stopped by Singapore last Saturday (February 23) for the tour. Upcoming stops in Osaka, Japan, and Jakarta, scheduled to take place next month, have been cancelled.

“Seungri will halt all schedules, including his concerts, to focus on and  actively cooperate with the police investigations,” YG Entertainment shared in their statement. They also asked for the understanding of everyone who had been looking forward to seeing the singer. 

The controversy surrounding Burning Sun first started when a man claimed that he had been unfairly assaulted by bouncers of the club. Following the reports, management of the club apologised to the man, identified as Mr Kim, for using undue force on him when removing him from their premises. 

However, two other women have since come forward to accuse Mr Kim of sexual assault. Allegations that the management and staff of the club provide party drugs and date rape drugs to special VIPs who patronise their establishment soon followed. 

seungri2

However, two other women have since come forward to accuse Mr Kim of sexual assault. Allegations that the management and staff of the club provide party drugs and date rape drugs to special VIPs who patronise their establishment soon followed. 

As he had previously mentioned on broadcast that he is involved with the management of the club, and often promotes and appeared there, many wondered if he was in the know about any shady activities and hoped that the investigation would reveal the truth. 

Earlier this week, a report claimed that Seungri had exchanged texts with a Burning Sun employee, regarding the procurement of prostitutes for investors. Screenshots of the said conversation were uploaded as well. Seungri’s management agency, YG Entertainment has stepped forward to claim that these messages were fabricated. However, the journalist who broke the news stands behind her reports, claiming that the messages are true and hinted that she has more to her exposé.

On Tuesday, Seungri himself appeared at a police station for voluntary questioning. Addressing the reporters gathered outside the station, he said that he will “accept the questioning, (with a) honest (heart)”. He also submitted himself to drug testing, to fight back against allegations that he had taken drugs. 

Results of the first drug tests were revealed earlier today, with the 28-year-old testing negative for drugs. 

Photos: PBE Media

Related:

BIGBANG's Seungri feels sad about bandmates' enlistments
This week’s K-Ent news in a nutshell
BIGBANG’s Daesung, Seungri confirm military enlistment

Report a problem